We announced the launch of the first annual “Caring Kids Awards”—a program celebrating children and families who give back and make a difference locally, nationally, or globally through photos and stories of volunteering. David L. Miller, CEO of Davler explains, “Society recognizes kids who excel in athletics, arts, and academics. We believe it is important to celebrate the children and families who dedicate themselves to making their communities a better place. Volunteerism is an important part of America’s fabric. We want to encourage parents to teach their children that they can make a positive impact on the world around them.”
The most important objective of the Caring Kids Awards is to recognize the families and individuals who dedicate themselves to serving others. Every photo and write up will appear on NYMetroParents.com and many will be distributed through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) and magazines. By sharing these stories, we hope more families will be inspired to make their own positive contribution to society.
WHY THE CARING KIDS AWARDS WAS ESTABLISHED
- Caring is sharing— highlighting stories on volunteering breeds sharing among communities and encourages other to participate
- Teach children to give back—learning these lessons early leads to a lifetime of volunteerism
- Every family can participate—everyone can participate
- Spotlight great causes & charity organizations— an opportunity to build awareness of deserving community service organizations and charities
- Celebration—volunteerism should be celebrated like sports, arts, and academics. Children should take pride and be rewarded for their selfless achievements.
HOW TO ENTER
Submit your best volunteering photo and story HERE. Eight families will be awarded a $500 gift as recognition of their activities!
NYMetroParents (digital, 8 local magazines, & events) is the regional expert which parents use to find the most comprehensive information, guides, resources and activities for the families in the Metropolitan NY and Fairfield markets. Our extensive database of calendar activities and articles provide insight from subject matter experts—and our award-winning editorial team. In addition to our website, we’re active across four social media platforms reaching a growing audience of 35,000+ followers. Our newsletter reaches 56,000 subscribers who receive highlights on the best weekend activities for kids, monthly editor’s’ top suggestions for family activities that month and resources and news in each local county.