New York's leading parenting media company seeks an assistant editor to help plan, assign, edit, write, and produce content for web and print. The assistant editor plays a pivotal role in ensuring a steady stream of high-quality content is produced for the website (including social media platforms) and magazines, from events calendars to short news posts to in-depth features. Additionally, the assistant editor helps maintain and support brand partnerships and content marketing, along with other strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
About Davler Media Group:
- Experience managing freelance writers, from assignment through publication
- Experience working with clients in a professional manner
- Experience managing a content vertical/beat, or section in a publication
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Top-notch editing, reporting, and writing skills, along with excellent news sense
- The ability to generate creative, relevant ideas for quick-turnaround assignments as well as long-term projects
- The skill to juggle multiple deadline-driven projects at once and the flexibility to take on new initiatives and
- n new skills on the job as needed
- Experience with at least one CMS and other digital publishing tools
- A solid team player ethic
NYMetroParents is a division of Davler Media Group, New York’s most diversified regional media company. Davler produces media for NYC tourists & residents (City Guide), families (NYMetroParents & Mommybites), event planners (Mitzvah Market) and the affluent LGBT community (Metrosource). We reach millions of people each month through our print, digital, and social platforms. These multi-platform properties all share one feature in common, they help consumers make better purchase decisions. Discover more on our website: www.davlermedia.com
If interested, please email your resume and a link to your website to [email protected]
, with the position title in the subject line.