Online Digital Marketing
CITYGUIDENY.COM is a planning tool used by domestic and international consumers prior to their arrival in NYC. The newsletter with approximately 10,000 subscribers is for local people who plan their weekend and day trip activities. Our Facebook page keeps our constituents abreast of what our editors deem most interesting.
DISPLAY ADVERTISING POSITIONS
Display advertising rotates among these positions/ad units throughout the site – and on the home page.
Ad Sizes for Geotargeting Program
|Mobile Ad||Pixel Size|
|Leaderboard||728 x 90|
|Medium Rectangle||300 x 250|
|Mobile Banner||300 x 50|
|Wide Skyscraper||160 x 600|
|Half Page Ad Unit||300 x 600|
Mobile Ad Formats:
GIF, PNG, JPG for still images | Animated GIF for animations
Smartphone Static Banners: 300 x 50, 300 x 250, 320 x 50, 336 x 280, 320 x 480
Max Size: 40k – 1MB, depending on supply vendor
Tablet Static Banners: 300 x 250, 728 x 90, 160 x 600, 468 x 60, 336 x 280
Max Size: 150k – 1MB, depending on supply vendor
- Creative images must be clear, recognizable, and relevant; text appearing in the ad must be legible.
- Creatives must occupy the entire space of the image size you’ve chosen.
- Creatives cannot appear sideways or upside down.
- Creatives cannot be segmented, contain multiple copies of itself within the ad, or otherwise appear to be more than one ad.
- Creatives with partially black or white backgrounds, you must add a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the ad.
- File size must be under 150 KB or smaller (we recommend under 40 KB) – applies to first and third-party ads.
- All creatives must open a new page on click, cannot open in the same page.
- Animated ads are restricted to a maximum of 15 seconds of looping, after which point they must remain static.
- Flash creatives must use the clickTAG function on the top-most layer and must have the stop(); function on the last frame of the animation. First-party backup static image is supported. Best practice is to always provide a backup static image.
- In-banner video creatives can be in HTML5 or flash format with a 50kb max file load and a 2MB load for the secondary file.
- There is no length limit for click to start video ads, but the video should immediately go to the landing page upon completion.
- For auto-start video ads, there is a 15-second limit. Audio should not be heard unless initiated by a mouse-over; video should be backstopped by a static 300×250 which should click through to a landing page.
- All in-banner video ads must include the play, pause, mute and unmute.